- 4 prosciutto slices (okay to use ham if prosciutto is unavailable)
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter
1. On a work surface lay out prosciutto slices. Top slices with basil leaves and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella. Starting with a short end roll up each prosciutto slice.
2. Flatten chicken breasts with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Dip each breast in milk and then dredge in breadcrumbs. Roll breaded chicken breast around prosciutto, securing together with toothpicks.
3. Place chicken in 13x9 baking dish. Pour wine & chicken broth over chicken. Dab ½ tsp of butter or margarine on the top of each breast. Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes or until done.
Mozzarella Salad Caprese > Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts > Penne with Pesto > Roasted Asparagus > Cannoli