- 4 ounces semi-sweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (about 6 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir unsweetened chocolate and butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes.
2. Mix in sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla stirring until batter is smooth. Add flour until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 325° until tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on rack.
For brown sugar topping:
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ tablespoon vanilla extract
Combine sugar, cream and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until mixture is smooth and just starting to boil. Remove from heat; mix in vanilla. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Whisk until thick enough to spread. Spread over brownie. Allow to stand until topping sets.