WHY GO RED!
- More than one-third have lost weight.
- Nearly 55% have increased their exercise.
- Six out of ten have changed their diets.
- More than 40% have checked their cholesterol levels.
- One third have talked with their doctors about developing heart health plans.
CHOOSE TO BEAT THIS SILENT KILLER
- Heart disease is not just a man's disease. It is the #1 killer of women age 20 and over but is largely preventable.
- One in three women has some form of cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular disease kills more than 450,000 women per year, about one every minute.
- More women die of cardiovascular disease than the next five causes of death combined, including all forms of cancer.
- Research shows that 80% of cardiac events in women could be prevented if women make the right choices for their hearts, involving diet, exercise and abstinence from smoking.
- Friday, February 1st, 2013: National GO RED! Day
- Wear red to show your support.
- Saturday, February 23rd, 2013: 15th Annual Charleston Heart Ball Art & Wine Auction
- Charleston Marriott
- Celebrate the difference you can make.
- Wednesday, April 24th, 2013: Go Red for Women Luncheon
FOR MORE INFORMATION: