CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Several groups throughout the Lowcountry will be firing cannons at various times on April 12 to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War.
This list is meant to provide information to the public as they hear the cannons firing during the day.
Cannon firing is scheduled from the following locations on April 12:
• Patriot's Point in Mount Pleasant
• Pitt Street Bridge in Mount Pleasant
• Alhambra Hall in Mount Pleasant
• Breach Inlet on Sullivan's Island, South Carolina
• Station #22 on Sullivan's Island, South Carolina
• Fort Johnson on James Island, South Carolina
• Cannon fire at the Carolina Yacht Club between 7 PM and about 9PM.
A 10" mortar cannon will be fired on April 12, 2011 at 6:45 am from Fort Johnson on James Island. All other locations will immediately start firing after the first round for approximately 45 minutes. Throughout the day, sporadic firing will occur from those locations.
At 7:45 p.m., there will be another 45 minute barrage from all locations.