CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Two downtown streets will be closed beginning on April 11 at 8:30 a.m. and extending at least until midday on April 12.
Here is a look of what you can expect.
• East Battery and Murray Boulevard from South Battery to King Street will be closed.
Residents or guests with valid identification will be allowed to travel to their
Traffic Direction/Concerts White Point Garden
• Traffic driving east on Murray Boulevard will be redirected north onto King Street
• then west on South Battery
• Traffic driving south on King Street will be redirected west onto South Battery
• Traffic driving south on Meeting Street will be redirected east or west onto South Battery. Then continue west on South Battery or will be redirected north on East Battery.
• Traffic driving south on Church Street will be redirected east onto South Battery. Then redirected north on East Battery.
• Traffic driving east on Atlantic Street will be redirected north onto East Battery.
• Traffic driving south on East Battery will be redirected west on Water Street then either north or south on Church Street and/or Meeting Street
PARKING RESTRICTIONS FOR CONCERTS AT WHITE POINT GARDEN
The following streets will have NO PARKING beginning at 12:00 noon on Sunday, April 10 – April 12 midday.
The following are "No Parking Zones" that will be required for both concerts.
• South Battery between King and East Battery Streets on the south side
• East Battery between South Battery and Murray Boulevard on both the east and west side
• Murray Boulevard between King and East Battery Streets on both the north and south sides
• King Street between South Battery and Murray Boulevard on both the
east and west side
PARKING FOR PARTICIPANTS:
Parking the evening of April 11 for the 9:00 performance at White Point Gardens:
• Park for $3.00 (pay upon entrance) at either the 93 Queen Street Garage (garage is west of King Street); or the 25 Prioleau Street Garage (East Bay/Prioleau).
• Park for $2.00 at the VRTC garage at Mary and Ann Streets, take the free shuttle to the stop on Broad Street at East Bay.
For the morning of April 12 for the 4:30 a.m. performance at White Point Gardens:
• Park free at either of the above two garages, provided car exits the garage prior to 8:00 a.m. Any vehicle leaving after 8:00 a.m. will be required to pay the parking fee for the total length of time parked in the garage.
The Free Trolley runs a downtown loop (go to CARTA DASH Schedule for specific information on the three free routes) from 7:15AM (Spring Street) to 8:28 PM (Broad Street).
The evening of April 11, in order to facilitate the large number of people anticipated to attend the 9:00 concert at White Point Garden, The Free Trolley will have extended hours. Participants may park at the VRTC garage at Mary and Ann Streets (the event parking rate at the Visitor Center Garage on Mary Street will be $2.00 per vehicle), take the free shuttle to the stop on Broad Street, then walk to White Point Garden. The last pick-up on Broad Street will be at approximately 12:06 p.m. and will route back to the Visitor Center Garage between Mary and Ann Streets. The Free Trolley will also make normal stops along the route both before and after the event.