Source: USDA, adapted from Michigan Department of Community Health
1-1/3 cups cooked black beans, mashed with 1 teaspoon canola oil (Optional: Use canned vegetarian fat-free refried beans.)
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
4 corn tortillas
1/2 cup salsa, low sodium
4 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Mix beans with onion and tomatoes.
- Microwave tortillas between two sheets of slightly damp white paper towels on high for 15 seconds.
- Divide bean mixture between the tortillas.
- Fold each tortilla to enclose filling.
- Place on microwave-safe dish and spoon salsa over each burrito.
- Microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Serve topped with yogurt and cilantro.
Makes 4 servings