Source: King County Public Health
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Sauté onion, garlic, and tomatoes in oil until tender.
- Add Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt to the beaten eggs and add to onion mixture.
- Stir in spinach and cheese.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and turn heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes and check for firmness.
- Cut into wedges with spatula and serve.
Makes 4 servings