Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
½ tsp reduced-sodium crab seasoning (or substitute ¼ tsp paprika and ¼ tsp garlic powder for a sodium-free alternative)
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp whole-wheat flour
12 oz boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 12 strips
2 tbsp fat-free (skim) milk
1 egg white (or substitute 2 Tbsp egg white substitute)
3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup 100 percent orange juice
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp deli mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Mix crab seasoning, pepper, and flour in a bowl.
- Add chicken strips, and toss well to coat evenly.
- Combine milk and egg white in a separate bowl, and mix well. Pour over seasoned chicken, and toss well.
- Place crushed cornflakes in a separate bowl. Dip each chicken strip into the cornflakes, and coat well. Place strips on a nonstick baking sheet. (Discard any leftover cornflake mixture.
- Bake chicken strips for 10–12 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 ºF).
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients and mixing well.
- Serve three chicken strips with ¼ cup dipping sauce.