Prep Time: 35 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup rice (dry)
1 cup diced red pepper
3/4 cup diced zucchini
2-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 14-oz can tomatoes, no sodium added
1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 lb peeled shrimp
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp saffron
- Heat olive oil in oven-safe large skillet. Add garlic and onion. Stir for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add rice, red pepper, zucchini, and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except shrimp. Stir and place skillet in oven.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4