In case you missed it: canceled ABC soaps will NOT continue - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

In case you missed it: canceled ABC soaps will NOT continue online

Posted: Updated:

NEW YORK (AP) - Plans have been scrapped to give a pair of doomed ABC soaps new life on the internet.

Prospect Park, a media company that licensed "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" for online distribution, says it's abandoning the mission to revive them.

The company said in a statement Wednesday that it was unable to secure necessary financial backing and clear other hurdles. The two programs had originally been set to anchor a new online network.

"All My Children" disappeared from ABC's daytime schedule in September, and "One Life to Live" will end its run on Jan. 13. Both had been on the air for more than four decades.

They are the latest soaps to be canceled as the longtime TV genre suffers dwindling audiences and mounting costs.

Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.