Gas leak found at Stall HS; Students dismissed early - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Gas leak found at Stall HS; Students dismissed early

Posted: Updated:
(John Gaddy/WCIV) (John Gaddy/WCIV)
(John Gaddy/WCIV) (John Gaddy/WCIV)

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Students at R. B. Stall High School were dismissed early on Tuesday as crews with the North Charleston Fire Department and South Carolina Electric and Gas worked a gas leak.

North Charleston Deputy Fire Chief Kyle Minick said the leak seemed to be coming from an area in or near a janitor's closet. He said it took crews about an hour to find the source of the smell that caused the concern.

Before being dismissed for the day, students were moved to the opposite side of the building to the gym.

"We feel with SCE&G there and with our equipment and crew everything will be o.k.," Minick said.

In addition to the early dismissal on Tuesday, classes were canceled for Wednesday.

"At this point, the gas leak at Stall HS has not been resolved and likely won't be resolved until late tomorrow," said district spokesman Jason Sakran.

Check back with ABC News 4 as we continue to update this story.

 

Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.