This timeline has been compiled using police reports and information given to ABC News 4 directly by officials involved in the case.
Monday, February 6:
• Watson's mother tells police (on Friday Feb 10) that she last saw her daughter leaving Boone, N.C. to return to Mount Pleasant with her fiance, David Hedrick on Monday.
• According to a missing person's report filed with the Mount Pleasant Police Department on Friday Feb 10, investigators spoke to her fiance, David Hedrick about an argument the couple had on Monday night. Police believe the argument was about the couple's upcoming wedding.
Tuesday, February 7:
• Hedrick told police on Feb 10 that Watson left their home on North Creek Drive in Mount Pleasant on Tuesday and he hadn't seen her since.
• Neighbors tell police they saw Watson's SUV leave the house Tuesday morning.
• US Forest Service finds a burned SUV in the woods near Halfway Creek Road in Awendaw around 5:30pm.
• On Feb 14, police announced that on Tuesday a witness saw David Hedrick leaving the scene on Watson's burning SUV with a shovel in hand and then hitched a ride home.
Wednesday, February 8:
• Watson's employer, Joe Plebenga, told police on Friday Feb 10 that he got a text message from Watson on Wed. saying she was fine.
• Watson's sister, Brooke, told police on Friday Feb 10 that she had gotten a text from Watson on Wednesday as well.
• Verizon verifies Watson's cell phone was last used on Wed. near Venning Road in Mt. Pleasant.
• On Feb 14, police said they believe David Hedrick was behind the text messages sent from Watson's phone.
Friday, February 10:
• Plebenga reports Watson missing when she doesn't show up for work.
• Around 1pm, police find David Hedrick dead in his home.
• According to Mount Pleasant police chief Harry Sewell, workers with the U.S. Forestry Commission discovered her burnt car in the woods near Halfway Creek Road on Friday. Reports say it was found on Tuesday Feb 7.
Saturday, February 11:
• Charleston County Sheriff's deputies and several other agencies search the woods off of Halfway Creek Road, Awendaw after discovering that the SUV found by the Forest Service was Watson's GMC Envoy.
• Officials announce on Wednesday Feb 15 that they found a shovel during their search on Saturday and are checking it for fingerprints and DNA to see if it was the shovel carried by David Hedrick.
Sunday, February 12:
• Charleston County Sheriff's Office call off the search of the area where the SUV was found until more leads surface.
Tuesday Feb. 14:
• Search teams with canines returned to the forest but they still did not find Dara Watson.
• Officers announce they are looking for anyone who may have seen Hedrick's white Mercedes E350, around February 6 or February 7. That information will help them piece together what happened.
Wednesday Feb 15:
• Search helicopters are brought in to Francis Marion National Forest to continue the search for Dara Lee Watson.
Thursday Feb 16:
• Investigators find Watson's cell phone in a pond near the couple's home in the Rivertowne subdivision of Mount Pleasant.
Friday, February 17:
• Police suspend the search for Dara Watson after finding a body in Francis Marion National Forest.
Saturday, February 18:
• The Mount Pleasant police and the Charleston County Coroner's Office hold a press conference confirming that the body found was that of Dara Lee Watson. She was identified by dental records and died from a single gunshot wound to the head.