AWENDAW, S.C. (WCIV) -- Officials say a dog alerted two people to a fire in Awendaw early Monday morning.
Those two people were able to escape the Doar Road home just in time. Those victims are being treated by emergency responders on the scene.
Fire crews from Mount Pleasant and Awendaw were called in to help battle the blaze around 4:30 a.m. The intersection is blocked by emergency vehicles.
Flames and smoke have left the home seriously damaged. Investigators have not yet learned what may have sparked the fire.
Stay with ABC News 4 for updates as more details become available.