GOOSE CREEK, S. C. (WCIV)--Firefighters responded to a blaze inside the Goose Creek Bojangles at 431 St. James Avenue.
Emergency personnel responded to the alarm just before 6:00 AM Wednesday morning and found the popular fast food restaurant filled with smoke.
According to the Goose Creek fire chief, an employee came in to work around 5:00 AM and turned on equipment. They later noticed smoke and flames in the food prep area and called 911.
The building suffered extensive smoke damage but was mostly contained to the interior of the structure.
Several fire trucks responded but no injuries were reported.
Chief Chatman told us an investigation is underway but they believe it was a heat lamp that started the fire.
Stay with ABC News 4 and www.ABCNews4.com for more details.
Evangelist Franklin Graham prayed on a sidewalk outside the Pentagon Thursday after his invitation to a prayer service inside was withdrawn because of comments that insulted people of other religions. More>>