Your favorite potato recipe will take a backseat to this Roasted Italian Potato Salad from Nani's Cucina in the West Shore Farmer's Market.
What You'll Need:
3 lbs. baby potatoes
1/4 - 1/2 cup EVOO (or your favorite infused oil)
1 tsp of Salt/Pepper/Garlic/Italian Seasoning (fresh, granulated or powder all work well)
Pinch of red pepper flakes - if you like it hot
1-2 pints of baby tomatoes
8 oz of your favorite olives (pitted black, pitted calamata, pitted green)
Note: if you don't like olives, leave them out. You can add raisins if you like a little sweetness.
1. Turn grill to high and preheat for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Place potatoes in aluminum tray and mix with all ingredients except tomatoes & olives (if desired).
3. Place on grill and close the lid. Roast for 10 minutes on high heat.
4. Open lid, toss, close lid and cook for another 7 minutes.
5. Open lid, add tomatoes and toss. Cook another 5 minutes and pierce with a fork to test for doneness. If the fork easily pierces the potato, it is done.
6. Add the olives (or not) , toss, place in serving platter and serve. Dish can be served warm or at room temperature. Dish will hold easily for a few days in the refrigerator.