Thursday, May 3 2012 1:23 AM EDT2012-05-03 05:23:19 GMT
SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (WCIV) -- Twenty eight-year-old dad, Quentin McGrew, turned himself into the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office just before noon on Wednesday. McGrew looked somber in the court roomMore >>
Quentin McGrew, a 28-year-old father, turned himself in to the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office just before noon on Wednesday.More >>
RIDGEVILLE, S.C. (WCIV) – It was deja vu for the McGrew family as their two children were taken away from them for a second time. The Department of Social Services removed the kids back in April after their baby brother was killed by a dog while officials say the father was asleep in another room of the home.
The second time the kids were taken was in August after troubling reports. According to the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office, the McGrew children were taken away last month by DSS after their 7-year-old daughter told counselors she had seen her parents involved in a sex act with another woman and she had watched pornography.
Her parents, Chantel and Quintin McGrew, say it isn't true.
"I was very shocked because I didn't believe that my child would say anything like that," Chantel McGrew said. "She has a very vivid imagination; she can come up with some things."
Last Saturday, the McGrew children came home after investigators couldn't find anything supporting the young girls claims.
"She has a very, very big imagination," Chantel said.
"It's her way of grieving," Quintin McGrew said.
Grieving is something the McGrews said they haven't even had time for in remembering their infant son, Aidan.
"We haven't been really able to handle it we have been tied up in the court system, DSS - it's just really hard to grieve," Chantel said.
Now that the family is back together, they said the only thing they want is to be left alone as they face an uncertain future.
Quintin McGrew has been charged with unlawful neglect of a child. He is out on bond and is awaiting his trial. The McGrews will continue to be checked and have meetings with the Department of Social Services. Their next meeting is on Monday.
Evangelist Franklin Graham prayed on a sidewalk outside the Pentagon Thursday after his invitation to a prayer service inside was withdrawn because of comments that insulted people of other religions. More>>