Halloween Pet Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase is necessary.
2. To win, at the time of entry you must be a legal U.S. residents; a resident of SC; at least 18 years of age.
3. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules.
4. 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner.
5. Only one (1) entry per household.
6. Contest begins on Monday, October 1, 2012 and ends on October 30, 2012, with the Grand Prize Winner announced on October 31, 2012 on Lowcountry Live.
7. The geographic scope of this promotion is the following state(s): South Carolina. Sponsor of this Contest is Allbritton Communications on television station WCIV-(Channel 4 (hereinafter referred to as the "Station") and Lowcountry Focus Photography (hereinafter referred to as "Sponsor").
8. Employees of Station and the Sponsor and of the affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, franchisees, promoters, and agents of any of these, and the immediate families of the employees of any of these, are not eligible.
9. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the subjective
determinations of WCIV.
10. Description of prizes: 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner will wins a free standard pet
Portrait session from Lowcountry Focus Photography including a CD of their
Pictures (Valued at $175). Standard Pet Portrait Session includes travel to a
Location of your choice and a one to one-and-a-half hour photography session.
11. All federal, state and other taxes relating to any prize, and any travel, hotel
accommodations or other expenses (including carrier service fees and service contract)
relating to any prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
12. Prizes are not transferable, substitutable, or exchangeable for cash except that the Station, in its discretion, may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any such changes will be announced. If Prize Winner(s) fail to meet any eligibility requirement herein, alternate Prize Winners will be chosen by random drawing to be held as soon as reasonably practicable after initial Prize Winners are determined to be ineligible. Alternate Prize Winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
13. To enter: between October 1, 2012, and October 15, 2012, upload a picture of your pet in costume to abcnews4.com/Halloweenpetcontest. Voting is open October 16t, 2012, through, 12:00pm on October 30, 2012. The picture with the highest number of votes will be declared the Grand Prize Winner.
14. Grand prize winner(s) will be selected on October 31, 2012.
15. If the Station selects your name as a Grand Prize Winners, the Station will contact you in accordance with the information you supplied to the Station. All Prize Winners may be verified over the telephone at the time and will be asked to come to the Station located at WCIV-TV, 888 Allbritton Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464, where the Grand Prize Winner and Second Prize Winners must provide the Station valid identification and execute an affidavit of eligibility. Valid identification includes a valid driver's license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. All Prize Winner(s) may also be required to sign other legal documents, including tax forms and a release supplied by the Station, which, among other disclaimers, releases the Sponsors and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to this Contest and the receipt and use of the prize. The information contained on the entry form or postcard becomes the property of the Station. Verified Prize Winner(s) may pick up their prize at the Station located at WCIV-TV, 888 Allbritton Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464. If the Station is unable to speak directly to a Prize Winner within ten (10) days from initial attempted notification, the Station, in its sole discretion, may disqualify that winner and select an alternate winner or remove the prize from the Contest.
16. Sponsors, their affiliates, subsidiaries or agencies will not be responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure.
17. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsors shall be entitled to interpret these rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, selection of winner, deadlines, restrictions on prizes, and eligibility — and all of their decisions are final. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules. The Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest or any part of this Contest should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of this Contest as determined by the Station in its sole discretion. The Station and Allbritton Communications are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by the Station by the deadline stated above. The Station and Allbritton Communications are also not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Contest or downloading of any software or materials.
18. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by mail to: "Contest Winners," c/o the Station, WCIV-TV, 888 Allbritton Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464 at the conclusion of the Contest.
19. For a copy of the Official Rules, stop by the Station during normal business hours, visit
abcnews4.com, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Contest Rules," c/o WCIV-TV, 888 Allbritton Blvd,. Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
20. By winning, contestants agree to award Sponsors the right to publicize their names, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner's photograph on Sponsors' web pages), likenesses, biographical information, e-mail address, voices and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation.
21. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with this Contest in any way will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.