iPad Mini GIVEAWAY
November 28, 2012 – December 18, 2012
Official Contest Rules
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to enter or win this Contest. Purchase will not improve an entrant's chances of winning.
Who is conducting this Contest? Charleston Television, LLC ("Sponsor") is conducting this Contest on TV station WCIV (hereinafter referred to as "Station").
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin on November 28, 2012 and all entries must be received no later than noon on December 18, 2012.
How can I participate in this Contest?
Enter by going to the Station's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/abcnews4. Enter your email address on the entry page. All entries must be received by Station no later than noon on December 18, 2012. One (1) winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the designated entry period.
What do the winners ("Winners") receive?
One (1) winner will receive a 16GB Apple iPad Mini with Wi-Fi capability. The Prize is valued at approximately Three Hundred and Twenty Nine Dollars ($329). Carrier fees and service contract are not included.
What are the odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the designated entry period.
How and when will winners be notified?
The winner will also be notified by email address or other available contact information listed on entry.
Will winners be responsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, the reporting and payment of all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, incurred by acceptance and/or use of the prize(s) are sole responsibility of the winners. Winners will each receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are the responsibilities of a Prize Winner?
The Prize Winners (and their respective travel guest(s)) will each be required to provide:
Under what conditions will a potential Prize winner be disqualified and an alternate winner selected?
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. A person may win this Contest only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. Persons are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. No partial acceptance, transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by Winners.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner's Identity. By participating in this Contest, Winners grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use winners' names, pictures, likenesses, biographical information, statements, addresses (city and state) and/or voices in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such names, pictures, likenesses and/or voices in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of minor's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, entrants agree:
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners (and their respective travel guest(s) shall each be required to execute an Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor's website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winners, send a self-addressed envelope to the iPad Mini Giveaway, c/o WCIV, 888 Allbritton Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.