CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Goodwill Industries of Lower South Carolina has partnered with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) to provide free tax help to low and moderate income people that need help preparing their tax returns.
The free tax assistance is available at Goodwill's Community Service Center (2150 Eagle Drive, North Charleston) by appointment only to individuals with an income of $49,000 and below. Individuals who qualify can schedule an appointment by calling 843-566-0072. Individuals are asked to bring the following to their appointment:
- Complete copy of last year's return
- All 2012 informational statements, including:
- Information on deductions
- Copies of Social Security Card
- Bank account number and routing number to deposit your refund
- Valid picture ID
VITA volunteers receive IRS training and are certified to help prepare basic tax returns. Volunteers may help with special credits, such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and Credit for the Elderly or Disabled.