KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. (WCIV) - The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort was among seven hotels and restaurants in the Carolinas to receive AAA Carolinas distinction as a five-diamond facility.
AAA honored the seven properties during an awards dinner Friday.
The Five Diamond rating is the top designation awarded each year by AAA to an
elite group of qualified hotels and restaurants after an anonymous overnight
visit by full-time specially trained inspectors. Only 0.3 percent of the more
than 59,000 annual inspections conducted by AAA results in a Five Diamond
North Carolina winners, with the number of years won, are:
- Herons Restaurant (2 years) in Cary
- The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte (3 years)
- The Umstead Hotel & Spa (6 years) in Cary
- The Fearrington House Restaurant (18 years) in Pittsboro
- The Fearrington House Inn (19 years) in Pittsboro
Carolina winners, with the number of years won, are:
- The Inn at Palmetto Bluff (2 years) in Bluffton
- The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort (7 years)
Diamond lodgings and hotels offer the highest level of hospitality in the most
luxurious surroundings," said David E. Parsons, president and CEO of AAA
Carolinas. "These properties are unique, enticing and extraordinary -
complemented by an extensive array of personalized services that consistently
exceed the expectations of even the most refined traveler."
AAA gives the Five Diamond Awards annually to qualified hotels and restaurants
in North America. In 2013, only 178 properties in North America earned the Five
Diamond rating after specially trained evaluators conduct anonymous overnight
stays or dine incognito.