Head football coach Mike Gundy has announced that 23 student-athletes have signed national letters of intent to play football at Oklahoma State.
The newest group of Cowboys includes three junior college players, two of whom are already enrolled and attending school at Oklahoma State. The class is represented by six states, and headlined by 17 Texans. Ten of the signees have been designated as "four-star" talents by at least one of the major recruiting services and five future Cowboys are members of the 2013 Texas all-state team.
"This class is part of the bright future that we have here at Oklahoma State," Gundy said. "It's a class that is basically split evenly between the offensive and defensive sides of the ball, with an excellent prospect at kicker.
"There are members of this group that have an opportunity to contribute early based on what they've done in high school or junior college."
OSU added plenty of help in the offensive and defensive lines, as well as the secondary. Eleven members of the class are designated as linemen (six on defense and five on offense) and six will be in the secondary, including three cornerbacks and three safeties.
OSU also added to its always impressive skill set with two running backs and two highly rated receivers. The Cowboys inked one of America's top kickers in Ben Grogan of Arlington, Texas.
The most decorated position group is receiver with the inking of two "four-star" recruits from Texas in Marcell Ateman and Ra'Shaad Samples.
The Cowboys signed what is considered the top player in Kansas in Jerel Morrow of Emporia, and one of the nation's top junior college players in defensive end Sam Wren.
Noting The Class
• Defensive back Darius Curry is the younger brother of OSU freshman receiver C.J. Curry.
• Speaking of brothers, Dawson Bassett of Tuttle is the younger brother of 2012 Cowboy senior Cooper Bassett.
• Darius Curry and Naim Mustafaa are the latest Georgians to sign with OSU. Oklahoma State has signed 14 players from Georgia since 2006.
• OSU has two 2013 signees from L.D. Bell High School Hurst, Texas, in offensive lineman Jesse Robinson and defensive lineman Vili Leveni.
• OSU's three junior college players are all linemen, including defensive tackle Ofa Hautau, defensive end Sam Wren, and offensive lineman Brandon Garrett.
• OSU's two running back signees Corion Webster of Atlanta, Texas, and Rennie Childs of Houston combined for 3,731 rushing yards during their senior years.
• Ra'Shaad Samples is the son of Dallas Skyline head coach Reginald Samples.