NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- To help Lowcountry residents latch on to a healthier lifestyle, Trident Health is holding free Heart Health Events throughout the month of February including free heart screenings.
According to the American Heart Association, coronary heart disease and stroke are the first and third leading causes of death in the United States.
Heart Health Event schedule:
· Heart Health Screening, Thursday February 7, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Trident Medical Center
· Early Intervention- Know the Signs of a Heart Attack, Thursday February 7, noon-1p.m., Trident Medical Center
· Music Mans BBQ Steak Fundraiser Benefiting The American Heart Association, Tuesday February 12, 6-9 p.m., Moncks Corner
· Survivors Valentine Lunch, Thursday February 14, noon-1, Trident Medical Center
· The Beating of Your Heart, Darren Sidney, MD, Thursday February 21, 6-7 p.m., Trident Medical Center
· When to Worry About Leaking Valves, James Benner, MD, Thursday February 28, 6-7 p.m., Trident Medical Center
To make a reservation for any of these free Heart Month events, call 843-797-FIND (3463).