Clothes dryer sparks fire at Joe Pasta - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Clothes dryer sparks fire at Joe Pasta

Posted: Updated:
Cell photo from the scene (Alan Garmendia/WCIV) Cell photo from the scene (Alan Garmendia/WCIV)

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Firefighters responded to the Joe Pasta restaurant on King Street late Tuesday night.

According to a release from the Charleston Fire Department, when they arrived around midnight, they saw smoke coming from inside and employees had already evacuated.

Fire Marshal Mike Julazadeh said the fire was found in the office on the first floor and only minor smoke damage went beyond the office area.

Investigators from the Fire Marshal Division determined the fire started in a clothes dryer that was in the office.

Crews from the City of Charleston and Saint Andrews Fire Departments, Charleston County EMS, and Charleston Police Department responded.

 

Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.