Acid found in jug left in trash can, fire officials say - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Acid found in jug left in trash can, fire officials say

Posted: Updated:

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Firefighters were sent to Charleston City Marina Monday morning after work crews found a container "off-gassing" in a trash can.

According to Charleston Fire Department officials, there was a one-gallon plastic jug with acid in it that started breaking down the plastic and produced the gas.

HazMat crews were called to dispose of the materials and the Department of Health and Environmental Control is investigating the incident.

Three people were taken to a nearby hospital as a precaution, officials said.

THe substance has not yet been identified.

Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.