1 taken to hospital after North Charleston fire - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

1 taken to hospital after North Charleston fire

Posted: Updated:

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- One person was taken to Medical University Hospital following a house fire in North Charleston Friday morning.

According to North Charleston Fire Department spokeswoman Bianca Sancic, three agencies responded to the fire on Barnwell Avenue. The fire started around 9:30 a.m. at a single-wide mobile home, Sancic said.

It took firefighters about five minutes to contain the fire; damage was limited to the kitchen area, but smoke damage spread throughout the mobile home.

Sancic said the fire started on the stove while the resident was cooking.

Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.