Couple Escapes Small Blaze At Sand Springs Home - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Couple Escapes Small Blaze At Sand Springs Home

Posted: Updated:

A Sand Springs couple is doing fine after a small fire at their home Friday morning.

They woke up to the smell of smoke in their bedroom around 1:30am. Sand Springs fire department investigators said the man noticed smoke was coming from near the window air conditioning unit.

He ran outside, yanked the unit from the window and then came back in to put out a small fire. The mattress, which sat near the unit, was smoldering. 

The blaze was out when firefighters arrived. EMSA crews treated the man and woman for minor smoke inhalation.

No one else was hurt.

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.