HVAC unit sparks fire at West Ashley apartment building - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

HVAC unit sparks fire at West Ashley apartment building

Posted: Updated:

WEST ASHLEY, S.C. (WCIV) -- An air unit between two apartment building sparked a small fire Tuesday.

According to Charleston fire officials, the fire started around 12:20 p.m. at the Colonial Village apartment on Sam Rittenberg Boulevard. The fire started in a space between the first and second floor.

A bystander spotted the fire and tried to put it out before calling firefighters. Officials said the damage was limited to the first floor apartment. There was minor damage to the second floor.

Building managers are working to relocate the tenants who were affected by the fire.

Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.