Johns Island restaurant fire started with electrical outlet - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Johns Island restaurant fire started with electrical outlet

Posted: Updated:
(Stefanie Bainum/WCIV) (Stefanie Bainum/WCIV)
JOHNS ISLAND, S.C. (WCIV) -- Fire investigators said Tuesday the fire that damaged two businesses on Johns Island early Monday morning was caused by an electrical outlet.

Officials said an outlet in a storage room near Crave's kitchen sparked the fire.

Firefighters were called to the Crave restaurant on Betsy Kerrison Parkway on Johns Island shortly after 6 a.m. Monday. The fire appears to have started in the kitchen, officials said.

A second business, Beachwalker Rentals located next door to Crave, was also affected by the fire. There were no employees in the building at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.

Cars were stuck in stand-still traffic for several hours because firefighters shut down southbound lanes of Betsy Kerrison Parkway at Camp Care Road.

By 8:45 a.m., all lanes of traffic had been reopened.
Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.