SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (WCIV) -- A Summerville man died over the weekend while working on an ice machine in his garage.
According to Berkeley County Coroner Bill Salisbury, 68-year-old James Montgomery was killed sometime Saturday. The cause of death was ruled an electrocution.
Salisbury said Montgomery was last seen around 10:30 a.m. working on an ice cream machine in his garage. When his wife could not reach him by phone, she called her son and asked him to go check on Montgomery.
Montgomery's son found the man lying on the floor and called EMS. He was pronounced dead on the scene by the deputy coroner, Salisbury said.
Montgomery's body was taken to Medical University Hospital where Salisbury performed an autopsy and ruled on the cause of death.
Salisbury said this is the second electrocution in Berkeley County in as many weeks. The other happened on Aug. 12 when a man working on an air conditioning unit was electrocuted.