Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Fresno Surgical Hospital
Fresno Surgical Hospital the Only Hospital in the Fresno Area Among Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement in 2014; Other Top Honors Also Received
FRESNO, Calif., Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Joint Replacement care at Fresno Surgical Hospital is in the top 5% in the nation as measured by lowest risk-adjusted complications, according to a new report from Healthgrades, the leading online resource that helps consumers search, compare and connect with physicians and hospitals. The report, American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2014: Healthgrades Report to the Nation, evaluates hospital performance at over 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 31 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions from 2010 through 2012.
"Being recognized as a top performer by Healthgrades is truly a prestigious honor," says Kristine Kassahn, Chief Executive Officer of Fresno Surgical Hospital. "Our top priority is to deliver the highest level of care and patient satisfaction. The outstanding surgeons, nurses and support staff at Fresno Surgical Hospital are the reason we continue to be recognized as a leading hospital year after year."
Notable awards presented to Fresno Surgical Hospital include:
America's Best 100 Hospitals
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement™ for 3 Years in a Row (2012-2014)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgeries™ in 2014
Outstanding Patient Experience
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Outstanding Patient Experience in 2013
- Hospital-Wide Recipient of the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Joint Replacement for 8 Years in a Row (2007-2014)
- Orthopedic Recipient of the Healthgrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ for 8 Years in a Row (2007-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 12 Years in a Row (2003-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 8 Years in a Row (2007-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2012-2014)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Prostate Surgeries for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)
- Prostate Surgery Recipient of the Healthgrades Prostate Surgeries Excellence Award™ for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Transurethral Prostate Resection Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)
Along with these awards, Fresno Surgical Hospital received other distinctions as well. Fresno Surgical Hospital is:
- The only hospital in the Fresno Area Among Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement in 2014
- 1 of only 14 hospitals in California Among Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement in 2014
- The only hospital in the Fresno Area Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Prostate Surgeries for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)
- 1 of only 21 hospitals in California Among Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery in 2014
Healthgrades independently measures hospitals based on data that hospitals submit to the federal government. No hospital can opt in or out of the analysis, and no hospital pays to be measured.
The new report highlights the disparity in hospital performance for specific conditions and procedures and the impact that this variation may have on health outcomes. For example, from 2010-2012, if all hospitals as a group, performed similarly to hospitals receiving 5-stars as a group, on average 234,252 lives could potentially have been saved and 157,418 complications could potentially have been avoided. A 5-star rating indicates that Fresno Surgical Hospital's clinical outcomes are better than expected when treating the condition or conducting the procedure being evaluated.
"As American policy-makers focus more intently on ways to lower healthcare costs and improve quality, patients are being asked to assume more responsibility for their healthcare decisions – from selection of their health plan to the associated network of physicians and hospitals," said Evan Marks, EVP, Strategy and Informatics, Healthgrades. "Since all hospitals do not perform equally in all procedures, patients can have confidence that by selecting physicians associated with a hospital with a 5-star rating, patients are more likely to experience better health outcomes, and reduce costs."
More information on the American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2014: Healthgrades Report to the Nation, including the complete methodology, can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.
About Fresno Surgical Hospital
Fresno Surgical Hospital is a fully-licensed, Joint Commission-accredited hospital that delivers award-winning clinical care and patient satisfaction to patients throughout Central California. The physician-owned hospital was founded in 1984, and today serves approximately 8,200 patients annually. FSH's non-traditional, hotel-like accommodations and commitment to quality care and patient satisfaction have led the hospital to be recognized as a top performer both in the state of California and nationally. For more information, visit www.FresnoSurgicalHospital.com.
Contact: Nikki Cary
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.