Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company's Scoreflex™ Coronary Dilatation Catheter and Pro-Healing Drug Eluting Bioresorbable Scaffold Will Also Be Featured
HONG KONG, Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OrbusNeich today announced that clinical data for the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent will be presented at Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) 2013, Oct. 27-Nov. 1, in San Francisco.
The scientific sessions will feature results from the EGO-COMBO Study assessing the healing profile of COMBO by optical coherence tomography (OCT) and results from the REMEDEE Study, a randomized trial of COMBO versus DES. Clinical data for COMBO will also be presented during a lunch symposium entitled "The COMBO Dual Therapy Stent – Setting the New Standard of Stenting" on Thursday, Oct. 31.
In addition, OrbusNeich's Scoreflex Coronary Dilatation Catheter will be featured in a challenging case presentation, and a development update for the company's pro-healing drug eluting bioresorbable scaffold will be included in a session on emerging devices.
Sunday, Oct. 27
- Shigeru Saito, M.D., of the Shonan Kamakura General Hospital, Japan, will present "EPC Capture, Bioabsorbable Polymer Sirolimus DES: The Japan-US COMBO Study Plan" at 1:10 p.m. PDT in Room 238 (Moscone South, West Mezzanine).
- Michael Haude, M.D., of Medical Clinic I at the Lukaskrankenhaus in Neuss, Germany, will present "The REMEDEE Combo: Imaging Insights and Clinical Results" at 1:27 p.m. PDT in Room 2007 (Moscone West, 2nd Floor).
- Robert Cottone, OrbusNeich's vice president of intellectual property & technologies, will present "Progress with a Fully Drug-Eluting Bioresorbable Scaffold with EPC-Capture Technology" at 5:09 p.m. PDT in Room 2007 (Moscone West, 2nd Floor).
Tuesday, Oct. 29
- Stephen W.L. Lee, M.D., of the Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, China, will present "The First Establishment of Early Healing Profile, 9-month Neointimal Growth, and 24 Months Outcomes of the Dual Therapy Endothelial Progenitor Cell Capturing Sirolimus-eluting Stent as Assessed by Longitudinal Sequential Optical Coherence Tomography: The EGO-COMBO Study" at 1 p.m. PDT in Room 2010 (Moscone West, 2nd Floor).
- Karsten Veien, M.D., of Odense University Hospital, Denmark, will present the challenging case "Coronary Chronic Total Occlusion at Bifurcation Preceded by Balloon Inflation in the Side Branch in Order to Wire the Main Branch (Scoreflex)" during the 3:30 p.m. PDT session in the Poster and Cases Area.
- Renu Virmani, M.D., of the CVPath Institute Inc. in Gaithersburg, Md., will present the poster "Healing of a Combination Sirolimus-Eluting, Endothelial Progenitor Cell Capture Stent Compared to an Everolimus-Eluting Stent in an Atherosclerotic Rabbit" during the 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. PDT session in the Poster Area.
Thursday, Oct. 31
- OrbusNeich will host a lunch symposium entitled "The COMBO Dual Therapy Stent – Setting the New Standard of Stenting" at 12:30 p.m. PDT in Presentation Theatre 2, Hall D (Moscone South, Lower Level). The session will be chaired by Roxana Mehran, M.D., of Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, and will feature presentations from Prof. Lee, Dr. Virmani and Prof. Robbert de Winter, M.D., Ph.D., of the Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam.
Click here to view the symposium agenda and to register.
About the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent
The COMBO Dual Therapy Stent is the first dual therapy stent to both accelerate endothelial coverage and control neo-intimal proliferation through the combination of the proven pro-healing technology with an abluminal sirolimus drug elution delivered from a biodegradable polymer that achieves full and complete dissipation by 90 days.
OrbusNeich's patented EPC capture technology promotes the accelerated natural healing of the vessel wall after the implantation of blood-contact devices such as stents. The technology consists of an antibody surface coating that captures EPCs circulating in the blood to the device to form an endothelial layer that provides protection against thrombosis and modulates restenosis.
OrbusNeich is a global company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative medical devices for the treatment of vascular diseases. Current products are the world's first dual therapy stent, the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent, and the world's first pro-healing stent, the Genous™ Stent. Other products include stents and balloons marketed under the names of Azule™, R stent, Scoreflex™, Sapphire™, Sapphire II and Sapphire NC. OrbusNeich is headquartered in Hong Kong and has operations in Shenzhen, China; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Hoevelaken, The Netherlands; and Tokyo, Japan. OrbusNeich supplies medical devices to interventional cardiologists in more than 60 countries. For more information, visit www.OrbusNeich.com.
Follow OrbusNeich on Twitter at www.twitter.com/OrbusNeich, and learn more about the company and its innovative technology on OrbusNeich's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OrbusNeichMedia.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.