Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
MELBOURNE, Australia, Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The global Higher Education market has become fiercely competitive. To succeed, education institutions of all types need to successfully vie for student dollars as well as government and research funding.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131024/PH03095LOGO )
To compete for these limited resources, Higher Education institutions need to be able to answer critical business questions, such as:
- Which courses are popular and which are in decline?
- Do our marketing strategies align with student feedback and leverage the integral demographic, psychographic and geographic trends within our student body?
- Are we building the right infrastructure in the right locations to support student satisfaction, learning, retention and successful graduation?
- Do we have access to the right student, research, performance and departmental data to compile effective research grants?
- Are we reporting the right information, in the best way possible, to government bodies to boost our comparative rankings, meet compliance requirements and secure desired funding levels?
Successfully addressing these questions, and delivering effective responses, requires access to timely and accurate student, research and operational data. Fortunately, Higher Education institutions produce large quantities of such information, and realize that leveraging the insights within that data is crucial.
Know your data
Broadly speaking, it seems that IT decision-makers in the education industry are well aware of the need to more effectively use the data they collect to achieve such goals. Gartner surveyed 398 government and Higher Education CIOs from around the world during the final quarter of 2012. Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics were revealed as the top technology priorities. Backing these findings, Education Drive's 2013 Mobility in Higher Education CIO survey also found BI to be a top technology priority for university CIOs.
However, making this information easily accessible and sharable is difficult. How can Higher Education institutions leverage their vast data stores to answer critical student, funding and operational questions?
A case in point: Macquarie University and University of Konstanz
By successfully deploying an enterprise-ready BI solution, Macquarie and Konstanz universities have been able to:
- Eliminate knowledge silos and improve interdisciplinary cooperation between departments and faculties
- Analyze, share, discuss and take data-based action through a single trustworthy source of organizational information
- Make data analysis accessible to academic and business decision-makers anywhere, anytime on any device
Through the strategic use information, Macquarie and Konstanz universities have been able to drive crucial data-based outcomes, including:
- Improving the quality of external reporting to government, research, funding and ranking bodies to boost institutional performance, ratings, revenue and better manage costs
- Underpinning strategic planning to improve the quality of teaching, student services, marketing efforts to boost student acquisition, as well as increasing operational efficiencies and optimizing finances
- Attracting better students and improving academic performance
Find out more about Macquarie University's BI implementation: http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFNews-Macquarie-University-generates-new-insights-with-Yellowfin-Business-Intelligence-104605
Find out more about the University of Konstanz's BI program: http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFCommunityNews-University-of-Konstanz-generates-new-insight-with-Yellowfin-Business-Intelligenc-128377
Yellowfin Business Intelligence
Do you collect critical student, operational and research data, but find it hard to leverage?
Yellowfin is a global BI vendor utilized by a range of educational institutions worldwide.
Lachlan James, Yellowfin Communications Manager
+61 03 8617 4954, 0431 835 658
Read more news from Yellowfin BI.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.