Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Mars Chocolate North America
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J., Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Mars Chocolate North America announced the launch of a revamped website for American Heritage Chocolate (www.AmericanHeritageChocolate.com) bringing the brand's engaging experience to life online. Visitors will now be able to discover everything there is to know about chocolate's important role in the history of the Americas and get a glimpse at the modern day possibilities on the in-depth brand site.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click:
"American Heritage Chocolate has always created a multi-sensorial experience-whether you are visiting a live chocolate history demonstration, enjoying an authentic historic chocolate drink as our founding fathers did or baking at home with the chocolate baking/grating block," said Roy Benin, Chief Consumer Officer, Mars Chocolate North America. "With the new American Heritage Chocolate website, our goal is to bring that same captivating experience to life for consumers everywhere."
The New Web Site Sections:
- HOME PAGE: Welcomes visitors with imagery of the new product packaging and features shortcuts to top news including product availability, merchant partners, upcoming events and American Heritage Chocolate recipes
- HISTORY OF CHOCOLATE TIMELINE: Shares chocolate history facts and imagery dating back to 1500 BCE through to present day.
- GOODS: Provides American Heritage Chocolate product descriptions, specifications, imagery and nutritional information
- PURCHASE: Allows consumers to purchase the product from an online retail partner or learn more about the 130 historic sites where American Heritage Chocolate is sold
- RECIPES: Showcases modern day recipes using the unique flavor profile of American Heritage Chocolate. All recipes have downloadable recipe cards and several recipes include "how to" videos as well as images. Consumers can also upload their favorite recipes using American Heritage Chocolate.
- EVENTS: Details upcoming events featuring chocolate history demonstrations from American Heritage Chocolate and partner sites
- ABOUT US: Houses information from the "Chocolate: History, Culture and Heritage" book Mars commissioned, an FAQ section, American Heritage Chocolate news clips and a place to submit applications for the Mars Chocolate History Grant
- ADDITIONAL ITEMS: A press center with assets for media, product allergy information and a merchant account set-up page round out the website
The entire website is optimized to promote social media sharing and collaboration. Visitors will be able to post content found on the website to their favorite social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. The website also allows users to upload their own American Heritage Chocolate recipes and videos to be published on the site.
About American Heritage Chocolate:
In 2003, Mars Incorporated undertook an extensive global research initiative to uncover the true history of chocolate. A group from Mars led a multi-disciplinary team of more than 115 experts from around the globe who accessed over 200 archives, libraries, museums and private collections to reveal chocolate's origin and history in the Americas. "CHOCOLATE: History, Culture, and Heritage," has contributions from 45 authors, including researchers, culinary chefs, food scientists and historians from leading historic institutions, and was published in 2009 by Wiley.
Out of this research project, the American Heritage Chocolate brand was developed in 2006 by Mars Chocolate North America to help educate consumers about the history of our nation through the engaging story of one of our most beloved foods…chocolate! Fashioned off an ingredient list from 1750, American Heritage Chocolate is an authentic historic chocolate made from ingredients available in the 18th Century. The recipe represents a true taste of chocolate the way our ancestors would have enjoyed it. The product line celebrates chocolate's important role in the lives of Americans during the 18th century. Made with all-natural ingredients and no preservatives, American Heritage Chocolate comes in four unique formats: chocolate sticks, chocolate bites, chocolate baking/grating blocks, and finely grated chocolate drink mix. American Heritage Chocolate is sold exclusively at over 130 fine gift shops at historic sites, museums and historic inns across the USA and Canada.
For a complete listing or to purchase online, please visit our website at www.americanheritagechocolate.com. Learn more about American Heritage Chocolate at Facebook.com/AmericanHeritageChocolate, on Twitter @Choc_History and NOW on www.Pinterest.com/ChocHistory.
About Mars Chocolate North America:
Mars Chocolate North America is the North American chocolate operations of Mars, Incorporated. In 1911, Frank C. Mars made the first Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen and established Mars' first roots as a confectionery company. In the 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY® bar. In 1932, Forrest, Sr. moved to the United Kingdom with a dream of building a business based on the philosophy of a "mutuality of benefits" for all stakeholders – this vision serves as the foundation of the Mars, Incorporated we are today. Based in McLean, Virginia, Mars has net sales of more than $30 billion and six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks and Symbioscience. More than 65,000 Associates worldwide are putting our Mars Principles in action every day to make a difference for people and the planet through our performance.
Mars brands include: Chocolate – M&M'S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Petcare – PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, SHEBA®, CESAR® and ROYAL CANIN®; Wrigley – ORBIT®, EXTRA®, STARBURST®, DOUBLEMINT® and SKITTLES®; Food – UNCLE BEN'S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS® and SEEDS OF CHANGE®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA CO.™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience –SERAMIS®, CIRKU™ and COCOAVIA™.
For more information, please visit www.mars.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.