Officials: 2 pets die in John's Island house fire - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Officials: 2 pets die in home where batteries were removed from smoke alarms

Posted: Updated:

JOHN'S ISLAND, S.C. (WCIV) – Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire on John's Island Wednesday afternoon.

According to officials, the fire started in the kitchen of a home on Anglers Pond Lane shortly before 2 p.m. Officials say two pets died in the fire, but the family living there managed to evacuate before being injured.

During the investigation, officials found that the batteries had been removed from the smoke alarms. The owner of the home said he had removed them.

Fire officials said the fire could have been fatal if the fire had started in the middle of the night.

Fire officials stressed the need to have working fire alarms in homes, adding that the time change coming this weekend is a good time to test the batteries.

Most Popular

Stories
Videos

Like Us On Facebook


Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.