Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Revel Systems
Leading iPad POS Provider Predicts Bitcoin Payments, Retail Gamification and Wearable Data Will Take Center Stage Next Year
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Revel Systems, the leader in iPad point-of-sale (POS) solutions today announced top industry predictions that will shape the retail and technology industries in 2014. Revel Systems forecasts that retail in the coming year will be more streamlined and integrated with online experiences, to propel the industry forward.
"This year the retail industry will see major shifts take place, whether it is the convergence of online eCommerce with brick-and-mortar retail, the rise of digital currency like PayPal and Bitcoin at the checkout, or the integration of wearable data to help consumers make smarter choices at the checkout," said Lisa Falzone, CEO and founder of Revel Systems iPad POS. "We are at the forefront of breakthrough technologies and believe the industry is headed towards a more integrated and user-friendly approach to retail."
In 2014, Revel Systems predicts the following industry advancements will begin to take shape:
- POS Systems will integrate with personal data trackers such as Fuelband, Fitbit and Up – As consumers burn calories during your day, these devices will communicate with POS systems during order times to download how many calories you will consume, and recommends meal and menu items based on your daily caloric intake goals.
- Mobile and digital currency will go mainstream in retail – Mobile payment options will bridge people's online wallets with their physical ones at the checkout. People will be able to tap into digital currencies like Paypal Google Wallet and Bitcoin to pay for items at the checkout line. Smartphones check calendars and geo centric data to offer you the best eating experience based on your schedule and preferences. POS terminals will act as beacons for the mobile consumer.
- CRM Technologies will become "smart" and predictive - Loyalty programs usually an afterthought to the point of sale, however, by using smart peripherals such as facial recognition software, a retailer's menu boards and POS displays can use predictive modeling based on past order history to recommend items for cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Social Capital begins to influence personal pricing at brick and mortar – CRM systems will also include social data so that more influential people over Twitter and Facebook can receive perks based on their digital footprint and if they help publicize a business through checking-in or uploading product or establishment photos. Offline and online experiences merge.
- Order-Ahead features become the norm - Online and mobile ordering are standard but with order-ahead functionality, people no longer have to wait in line to make a purchase. This changes the nature of how retailers interact with consumers in restaurants, leading to more streamlined and intuitive ordering experience.
- Gamification will be offered in POS systems – With the popularity of gamification technologies like Yelp and Foursquare, POS systems will begin to offer incentives like achievement badges and virtual rewards for both establishment owners and customers. Retailers will have the potential to unlock achievements like, "You just sold your 1 millionth coffee! While consumers can earn recognitions like, "Congratulations, you are the 2000th customer."
About Revel Systems
Revel Systems iPad POS was founded in 2010 in San Francisco, CA with the goal of changing the point-of-sale market. Founders Lisa Falzone and Chris Ciabarra developed a quick, intuitive and secure iOS-based point-of-sale system by combining cloud-based technology and the mobility of the iPad. Revel Systems software offers a feature-rich POS solution for restaurant, retail and grocery establishments with integrated payroll, inventory tracking, customer relationship management and more. With the introduction of the Revel Marketplace, Revel iPad POS users can now integrate directly into third-party enhancements, including mobile payments, online ordering, gift or reward cards and advanced financial software suites. For more information on the future of point of sale, please visit http://revelsystems.com.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
Barokas Public Relations for Revel Systems
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.