Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Crosse & Blackwell
Gourmet ingredients spice up ham, shrimp, dips and more
ORRVILLE, Ohio, Dec. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Many home cooks don't have time to create all their holiday food from scratch, but they still want a dish they can be proud of. Crosse & Blackwell®, a line of versatile, high quality condiments, can enhance the flavor of just about any meal, from savory shrimp appetizers to the crowning glory of the holiday ham. To help make the most of this special time, Crosse & Blackwell offers these 9 easy tips for New Year's entertaining:
- Plan ahead: Decide on the type of menu you will prepare - brunch, lunch or dinner – and where you will serve food. For fast and fabulous ideas, visit crosseandblackwell.com and click on the Holiday video.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere with candles, seasonal decorations and soft music, but don't overdo it. Some holiday scents like pine can be overwhelming in small spaces. Provide plenty of seating, particularly for elderly guests. Consider providing easy entertainment like coloring books for children.
- Allow for special diets (vegan, vegetarian, gluten free) when planning the menu. Guests will appreciate the forethought.
- Prepare light hors d' oeuvres and snacks to greet guests. Crosse & Blackwell makes it quick and easy with rich and zesty Seafood Sauce, made with choice ingredients like tamarinds, ripe tomatoes and pure ground horseradish. Use it to make Divinely Simple Shrimp Dip to accompany festive seafood snacks.
- Offer a selection of beverages, including non-alcoholic, sparkling and still drinks for the whole family to enjoy.
- Offer an icebreaker: Ask guests fun facts when serving snacks, for example, do they know where 'chutney' comes from? The name is derived from the word "chatnu," meaning "to taste." Fruity, full-bodied and fabulous, Crosse & Blackwell Major Grey's Chutney is a blended medley of tropical fruits including mango, tamarind and lime. It is delicious when poured over cream cheese or served as a marinade for pork or chicken.
- Adding vibrant flavor and gourmet flair to the simplest dishes is easy with Crosse & Blackwell Relishes, Capers and Onions. These little jars pack a punch of texture, taste and flavor that will add a special touch to holiday meals and appetizers.
- Serve a glazed ham that has been cooked to perfection. Crosse & Blackwell spicy, sweet and tangy Fruit Ham Glaze is the ideal complement, and it's also the perfect companion for tea time sandwiches, salads, stuffing and more. Everyone will want to know your secret!
- Share the bounty! Have plenty of reusable storage containers and aluminum foil on hand so you can send guests home with a variety of delicious leftovers.
About Crosse & Blackwell
The Crosse & Blackwell® brand has been a beloved British-style tradition since 1706. Our products reflect a sampling of England's great culinary influences: unique products with the finest ingredients, exotic recipes and robust flavor. Originally founded as West and Wyatt, the company was purchased in 1830 by Edmund Crosse and Thomas Blackwell. Today the Crosse & Blackwell brand is part of The J.M. Smucker Company family of products. For more information about the Company, visit www.crosseandblackwell.com.
Divinely Simple Shrimp Dip
1/3 cup Crosse & Blackwell Zesty Shrimp Sauce
1/3 cup Crosse & Blackwell Seafood Cocktail Sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 cup cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1. STIR together all ingredients in medium bowl. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with pita chips, if desired. Try substituting low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream.
Fruit Glazed Ham
4 to 6 pounds thick ham slices
1 (8 oz.) can pineapple tidbits drained
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges drained
1 jar Crosse & Blackwell Premium Ham Glaze
1. HEAT oven to 325°F. Place ham slices in shallow baking pan. Roast until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
2. MIX pineapple and oranges with ham glaze in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes. Spoon half of glaze over top of ham; roast an additional 10 minutes. Place ham slices on serving platter. Serve with remaining warmed glaze.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.