Firefighter seriously injured in house fire Tuesday - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Firefighter seriously injured in house fire Tuesday

Posted: Updated:
Photo provided. Photo provided.

CLARENDON COUNTY, S.C. (WCIV) -- A firefighter was seriously injured in a fire Tuesday afternoon at his home in Clarendon County. 

According to officials, Firefighter-Paramedic Jack "Slade" Evans was injured when his home caught on fire; he was asleep when the fire was discovered.

Officials said Evans saved his cat and escaped with only the clothes he was wearing. Evans' son was not at home when the fire occurred, according to reports.

His home was destroyed, and Evans suffered second-degree burns to his head, shoulders, upper arms and back.

Officials say Evans was treated at McLeod Hospital in Florence, then transferred to the Still Burn Center at Doctor's Hospital in Augusta, Ga. He underwent surgery on Thursday.

Most Popular

Stories
Videos

Like Us On Facebook


Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.