NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Four North Charleston apartments were damaged in a kitchen fire Wednesday afternoon.
According to fire officials, the fire happened at the Fairwind-Oakfield Apartments at 8750 Fairwind Drive off Otranto Road around 1 p.m. The fire was contained in 10 minutes and the fire damage was contained to the original unit.
However, smoke damaged several nearby apartments, officials said. In all, residents from four units were displaced due to the damage.
There were no injuries in the fire, however.
The American Red Cross is assisting residents of the
apartments affected. The fire started on the stove of one of the apartments on the first floor, officials said.