Coroner: Man dies after using charcoal grill to heat home - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Coroner: Man dies after using charcoal grill to heat home

Posted: Updated:

LADSON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Officials with the coroner's office says a man found dead in his mobile home may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning because he used a charcoal grill to heat his bedroom.

According to Coroner Bill Salisbury, 25-year-old Audiel Lopez-Marroquin was found dead in the single wide mobile home he shared with his wife, who was also sick.

Berkeley County EMS responded to the home on College Park Road around 2 a.m. Thursday. The wife was taken to the hospital.

Coroner Salisbury said investigators found out the couple had been using a charcoal grill to heat their enclosed bedroom and an autopsy revealed the man may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials are waiting for the toxicology report before they make a final ruling.

Lopez-Marroquin's death was investigated by the Berkeley County Coroner's Office and the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office. 

 

Most Popular

Stories
Videos

Like Us On Facebook


Powered by WorldNow

ABCNews4 WCIV-TV

888 Allbritton Dr.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-4444 | Advertising Information

Public Information File

For assistance with accessing WCIV-TV's public information file, click here.

Advertising

Advertising Credit Application and Terms and Conditions PDF.

Powered by WorldNow
All content Copyright © 2014 WCIV and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.