This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
White Papers, Webinars and Issue Briefs Offered to WEDI Members at No Cost
Reston, VA (PRWEB) February 14, 2014
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) has released several webinars, white papers, issue briefs and other resources focused on URAC, patient engagement, reassociating healthcare payments, overpayment recovery, sales tax best practices, and breach risk assessment. Most of the following resources are free to the HIT community and all are free to WEDI members:
WEDI Town Hall: URAC Trends in Quality Measurement & Reporting: On Tuesday, Feb. 18, hear from William R. Vandervennet, Jr., BSN, MHSA, FACHE, Chief Operating Officer at URAC, one of the fastest growing healthcare accreditation agencies in the world. Learn more about how the organization will continue to develop new standards for the health care system and revise existing ones.
- 2013 WEDI Report Webinar: Patient Engagement How are you connecting with your consumers? This 3-webinar series will focus on the future of a Unique Patient Identifier, innovative practices of patient engagement, as well as the data patients need and how to facilitate access to it.
- Reassociating Healthcare Payments White Paper: Addresses the reassociation process of all formats, with an emphasis on electronic formats and non-zero payments. Gain an understanding of the process needed to do this, along with recommended best practices and tools for overcoming obstacles, to allow providers to manage the reassociation process more easily.
- Overpayment Recovery 5010 Education Issue Brief: Offered as a resource to provide education on overpayment recovery challenges with Option 3, this issue brief explores the complexities on both the payer and provider sides.
- Sales Tax Best Practices Guideline White Paper: This document serves as a guideline for reporting taxes on dental services in jurisdictions where applicable. Individuals from payers, practice management, clearing houses and provider organizations compiled this best practices guideline to instruct the dental community on how and to apply the code consistently.
- Breach Risk Assessment Issue Brief: Use this document as a guide for efforts in establishing probability and requirements for notification. Additionally, youll receive detailed next steps after discovering a breach of unsecured protected health information (PHI).
WEDI often releases white papers, issue briefs and other resources on various topics to be used by the health IT industry. Access all WEDI resources on the WEDI website under the Knowledge Center tab.
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) is the leading authority on the use of Health IT to improve healthcare information exchange in order to enhance the quality of care, improve efficiency, and reduce costs of our nations healthcare system. WEDI was formed in 1991 by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) and was designated in the 1996 HIPAA legislation as an advisor to HHS. WEDIs membership includes a broad coalition of organizations, including: hospitals, providers, health plans, vendors, government agencies, consumers, not-for-profit organizations, and standards bodies. To learn more, visit http://www.wedi.org
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11586285.htm
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.