This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
The Biomedical Engineering Society at San Jose State University is pleased to announce the Fifth Annual Bay Area Biomedical Device Conference, which will be held on March 26, 2014 at San Jose State University. The conference is a forum for the latest events in Biomedical Device technology, and an opportunity to hear presentations from the nations leaders in biomedical engineering.
San Jose, California (PRWEB) February 17, 2014
On March 26, 2014, the Biomedical Engineering Society at San Jose State University will be hosting its Fifth Annual Bay Area Biomedical Device Conference. Invited Speakers from industry, academia and research institutions will be presenting and discussing recent developments and future trends in the various sectors of biomedical engineering. The theme for the fifth annual conference is "Advancing Biomedical Devices." Invited speakers will address areas of nanotechnology, novel biomedical devices, prosthetics/bionics, and the role of computer modeling in biomedical engineering. In two unique panel discussions, invited industry leaders will focus on the topics of Quality Systems and Opportunities for Biomedical Devices. Early professional registration ends March 17.
To learn more about our Invited Speakers, and Corporate Sponsors please visit : http://www.BioMedConference.org
Click here to register!
The conference is intended for medical device professionals, engineers, managers, executives, marketing professionals, and students interested in broadening their knowledge of the current medical device market, from biomaterials and manufacturing to regulations and marketing.
Download the full Conference Announcement
Invited Speakers for this full day event include (in alphabetical order by last name)
- Chad Abunassar, Abbott Vascular, Computational Modeling
- Jimmy Caywood, Certified Prosthetist, Upper Prosthetic Specialist, Hanger Clinic
- David Deamer, Ph.D., UC Santa Cruz
- Aaron Fleischman, Ph.D., Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Cleveland Clinic
- Spencer Greene, MS, Certified Prosthetist, Hanger Clinic
- Michael Harrison M.D., Professor of Surgery, Pediatrics, and Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco
- Vernon Kwan, MPT, Physical Therapist, Innovative Neurotronics
- Vinod Labhasetwar, Ph.D., Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic
- Joan McCabe, VP Global Quality & Regulatory, Creganna-Tactx Medical
- Diego Rey, Ph.D., Founder and Chief Technology Officer, GeneWeave Biosciences, Inc.
- Renee C. Ryan, Vice President, Venture Investments
- Keith Sardo, Certified Prosthetic Orthotist, Hanger Clinic
- Tom Schreck, CEO, SinuSys Corporation
- Jeff Semone, MPA, Sr. Director, Regulatory Affairs, Varian Medical Systems
- Joseph Sly, Ph.D. Almaden Research Center, IBM
- Kelly Townsend, HeartFlow
- Brad Vale, D.V.M., Ph.D., Vice President, Johnson & Johnson
- Natalie Wisniewski, Ph.D., Founder and Principal, Medical Device Consultancy
Topics covered at the Conference will explore the various facets of the medical device industry, and will provide professionals an opportunity to learn about recent advancements in:
- Personalized Medicine
- MicroElectrochemical Systems
- Novel Medical Devices
- Computer Modeling
- Quality Systems
- FDA Regulatory Requirements
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Device Development
Two unique speaker panels will address areas of the biomedical industry that are important in taking an idea from conception to commercialization. One panel of invited speakers will address, "Quality Systems," while another panel of invited CEO's will discuss, "Opportunities for Biomedical Devices."
Corporate sponsors of this conference include:
- Diamond Level Sponsor(s) - NUTEK Corporation
- Platinum Level Sponsor(s) - Hanger Clinic, Intuitive Surgical
- Silver Level Sponsor(s) - APOMed Consultants, David Schnur Associates, Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society - Silicon Valley Chapter, Hantel Technologies, UCB-UCSF Master of Translational Medicine Program, Pulse Systems, Preclinical Consultation, Zeus Inc.,
- Bio2Device, MEPTEC and SEM
We thank our sponsors for their generous support.
For sponsorship opportunities please contact Guna Selvaduray, Ph.D., email@example.com
Additional information about the conference, including registration information is available at:
For other questions please email Praveen Rao, firstname.lastname@example.org
About SJSU BMES:
The Biomedical Engineering Society at San Jose State University is dedicated to promoting the profession of biomedical engineering through the study, research, and discussion of current issues and technological advances. The student chapter promotes professional and academic excellence to its members by supplementing academic knowledge acquired in the classroom with professional, community and social activities. For more information, visit our website: http://www.sjsubmes.org
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11569399.htm
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.