Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE PR Newswire Association LLC
Speakers from Johns Hopkins Medicine, Makovsky, Pfizer, among others, to discuss opportunities for patient-centric communications and educating the public on personal health management
NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Affordable Care Act's (ACA) enrollment numbers are tracking behind schedule and many providers and state agencies have rolled out communications campaigns to close the gap. Despite these efforts, a majority of the public is confused about what the ACA means, and specifically its direct impact on their healthcare and well-being. This knowledge gap presents a sterling opportunity for pharmaceutical firms, hospital groups, insurers, medical device companies and agencies to educate and inform their patients and employees while simultaneously shifting the public mindset to one of personal responsibility for health management.
PR Newswire & Business Development Institute's upcoming The Future of Healthcare Communications Summit, on February 25, 2014 at 8:00AM ET, will focus on strategies and tactics for communicating these changes in an information-driven society. Of particular interest will be discussion of digital communications channels in light of recent and proposed FDA regulations of social media disclosure and advertising.
The summit will address the following questions:
- What do healthcare communicators need to know about the current state of ACA and its shifting path?
- How will leading healthcare brands use social, mobile, and digital technologies to connect with and educate both the public and healthcare professionals?
- What are the best examples of how big data is fueling innovative communications that result in improved patient outcomes?
- How is the growing trend of mobility changing the communications game for both healthcare professionals and consumers?
- How do you overcome the challenges of shifting from product-focused to patient-focused communications?
- What are the best case studies that showcase communications that help patients with their personal health management?
- How do healthcare brands make the shift from product marketers to trusted content providers?
Michael Pranikoff, PR Newswire's Global Director, Emerging Media, will speak at the event.
PR Newswire is offering members a special discounted rate of $175 with promo code PRN.
To register for the event, click here: http://prn.to/HealthcareComms
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content - from rich media to online video to multimedia - and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Manager, Marketing Communications
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.