CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- The following streets will be closed due to runners participating in the 2014 Cooper River Bridge Run. All information provided by the Charleston City Police.
FRIDAY, APRIL 4
- Hampton Park will close Friday, April 4 at 11 a.m. at all entrances until 7 p.m.
- George St. between Meeting and Anson streets will be closed at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 4, until 2 p.m. Saturday, April 5
- Meeting St between George and Wentworth will close Friday, April 4, at 10 p.m. The Northbound Lane of Meeting St. from George to Calhoun will remain open; the southbound lane of Meeting St. from George to Calhoun will be closed for traffic. Traffic will be re-opened on Saturday, April 5 following Finish Line cleanup, around 2 p.m.
SATURDAY, APRIL 5
- Calhoun St. between Meeting to Anson streets will be closed to all traffic from noon until 1 p.m.; residential limited traffic only until 4:30 a.m. when the road will be closed entirely.
- Calhoun St. between King and East Bay streets will be closed on Saturday, April 5, at 4:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. or until CPD decides to reopen.
- George Street – East Bay Street to Anson Street from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Anson Street – Calhoun to Laurens Street will be closed 4 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Alexander Street from Charlotte St to George Street from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Charlotte Street - Elizabeth to Meeting Street- from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Henrietta Street – Elizabeth to Meeting Street from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Elizabeth Street – Calhoun to Charlotte Street- from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Meeting Street from John to Wentworth will be closed at 4:30 a.m. with early openings happening following the race participants leaving the route and the route being cleaned (EST 1130-2 p.m.). Wentworth and Society will flow until 7 a.m. unless pedestrian traffic forces early closure.
- Arthur Ravenel Bridge Wonderway Lane will be closed by CPD at 6:30 a.m. to clear the bridge of pedestrian traffic UNTIL Bridge is re-opened following the race.
- Race Route and support streets will be closed at 7 a.m. until the participants are finished and the roadways are cleaned (est. 11:30-12:00). The entire Arthur Ravenel Bridge will be closed until the participants have cleared the bridge, support staff removed, barricades removed, and the bridge cleaned of any debris.
Traffic off King Street will be re-routed onto St. Philip Street from Spring Street and Beaufain Street. Traffic on Cannon St will turn at St. Philip and flow north or south.
Coleman Blvd. from Houston Northcutt South through the Ravenel Bridge, Ravenel Bridge , Meeting Street from Romney to Woolfe and John to Hasell, Woolfe Street from Meeting to King, King Street from Cannon to Hasell, Wentworth Street from King to Meeting, Society Street from King to Meeting, George Street from King to Meeting, Hutson Street from King to Meeting
Any bicycles left on the bike corrals on King Street have to be removed by 2
a.m. Saturday, April 5 for the Bridge Run. Any bikes left on the corrals
after 2 a.m. will be removed and stored at the Charleston Police Department.
The $45.00 retrieval fee will apply to any bikes that have to be removed by
police. This does not apply to the corral at King and Cannon because it is not
in the path of the run.