CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Fire crews responded to The Rarebit on King Street Wednesday morning.
According to Charleston Fire
Department officials,crews arrived just before 9:30 a.m. to find an appliance had caught fire.
A spokesperson with CFD said an employee had already tried to use an extinguisher to put out the fire in the grill/oven unit while an employee from the business next door activated the kitchen's hood suppression system.
When fire crews arrived, they finished putting the fire out and found that the damage was contained to the appliance. No injuries were reported.
Charleston Police Department, and Charleston County EMS also responded.
Department officials released the following reminders.
- Understand fire and
emergency procedures at your workplace. Identify locations of emergency exits
and fire extinguishers. Practice the plan with fellow coworkers.
- Select appropriate fire
extinguishers and understand how they operate. The acronym PASS will assist you
in the extinguisher operation. PASS means Pull the Pin, Aim at the base of the
fire, Squeeze the handle, and Sweep back and forth. Remember, fire extinguishers
are designed for small fires.
- Alert other people that
there is an emergency. Do not hesitate to dial 9-1-1.