Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Napatech (OSE: NAPA), the world's leading supplier of network analysis adapters, today announced that it has opened an office and hired a sales director in the United Kingdom to meet increasing demand for network analysis solutions in the government and defense market. These are the first steps in Napatech's expansion into the UK.
- The UK government estimates the Internet-related market in the UK is worth upwards of £80 billion a year and will continue to expand. Network security within public infrastructure is one of the major threats the UK government must mitigate.
- By 2015 the UK aims to:
- Be one of the most secure places in the world to do business in cyberspace.
- Be more resilient to cyber attacks.
- Have an open, stable and vibrant cyberspace.
- Build cross-cutting knowledge, skills and capability to underpin all cyber security objectives.
- Napatech sees an opportunity to support these objectives by providing network analysis technology that enables security applications to run faster than the networks they manage and protect.
- Napatech's new London office will be located at One Kingdom Street, Paddington.
- The company has hired Paul Snow, formerly VP EMEA at Endace, to enhance the company's relations with current customers as well as secure new business prospects.
- Snow comes from a similar position in CyberArk and has also previously worked for HP where he was responsible for government accounts in the UK.
- Napatech has become the market leader in the United States over the last 10 years and has successfully expanded into Brazilian, European, Japanese and South Korean markets.
Erik Norup, president and CMO, Napatech, said:
"We continue to grow our international customer base every year. Napatech's addition of sales resources in the UK reinforces our commitment to be present in key geographies. The UK market is expected to be a significant one for Napatech in the European region and has great potential. Paul Snow brings a wealth of market knowledge and is viewed as a key hire for our company."
Napatech is the leading supplier of real-time analysis adapters with over 140,000 Ethernet ports deployed worldwide. Designed for use with Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) servers, Napatech adapters enable rapid development of powerful appliances for high performance analysis. Napatech adapters guarantee real-time delivery of data at speeds up to 40 Gbps. Intelligent features allow network data analysis to be off-loaded, thereby accelerating application analysis for managing, securing and optimizing networks and services. When performance matters, the world's largest equipment vendors in telecom, enterprise, financial and government markets choose Napatech. Customers depend on Napatech for reliable delivery, complimentary maintenance and upgrades, and experienced global customer support. Napatech is headquartered in Copenhagen (Denmark) with offices in Mountain View, Andover, Washington D.C. (USA), Tokyo (Japan), Seoul (South Korea) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
No Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results due to a variety of factors, including, among other things, business and economic conditions and growth trends in the networking industry, our customer markets and various geographic regions; global economic conditions and uncertainties in the geopolitical environment other macro-economic factors and other risk factors set forth in Napatech's reports. Any forward-looking statements in this release are based on limited information currently available to Napatech, which is subject to change, and Napatech will not necessarily update the information.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130917/LA81677LOGO
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.