Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Sport Chalet
Premier specialty sporting goods retailer offers tips and products to support women's health
LOS ANGELES, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Stand up for good health during National Women's Health Week May 11 to 17. National Women's Health week encourages the empowerment of women and emphasizes the importance of healthy living. In support of all women, premier sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet offers tips, products and activity suggestions to help females become "well women."
"To be a 'well woman,' the U.S. Department of Health recommends women be active, eat healthy, receive regular checkups, get plenty of sleep, manage stress and avoid unhealthy behaviors," said Sport Chalet Expert Michelle Holt. "Sport Chalet provides a variety of product offerings and expert advice to help women reach these goals and achieve supreme physical and mental health."
To aid women in improving physical and mental well-being, Holt lists the following gear and healthy activities to participate in during National Women's Health Week:
- Running: To prevent osteoarthritis, decrease stress and reduce the risk of several forms of cancer, running is a great option. For an easy breezy run, the Adidas Women's Clima Chill Tank Top paired with a muscle-boosting compression pant such as the Under Armour Women's Fly By Mesh Capri can keep any runner cool in the warmest conditions.
- Tennis: In support of physical and psychological health, pick up the high-precision Babolat Pure Control GT Tennis Racquet and lace up with the shock-absorbent Women's Gel-Game 4 Tennis Shoe for maximum comfort while burning calories and developing razor-sharp reflexes.
- Swimming: Take a plunge into the pool or ocean to build stamina and strength while engaging in low-impact, cardiovascular exercise. The slimming Women's Daybreak Scoop Swimsuit is perfect for the woman who is looking for a vibrant, yet durable suit for swimming laps.
- Yoga: Find inner-peace and manage stress levels with yoga. Studies show that yoga boosts immunity, eases migraines, fights food cravings and helps women sleep more soundly. The Zenga Yoga Kit can help women discover new ways to calm the mind and control the body.
- Hiking: Fitness doesn't have to be confined to a daily routine. Sport Chalet encourages women to join with others and work together towards fitness goals while participating in unique activities. Women can safely partake in ice and peak climbing or lake hiking through the Sierra Mountain Center's women-only excursions for all levels.
- Boxing: Boxing provides an excellent, full-body workout that empowers women and releases negative energy. Improve self-confidence, burn fat and tone muscles with Empower Boxing Boot Camp, an authentic, boxing-inspired workout.
- Sleeping: It is recommended to get seven to eight hours of sleep each night for better health, increased immunity and lowered risk of injury. Women can track sleeping patterns with the Polar Loop Watch that wirelessly syncs with phones, tablets and computers while tracking steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, sleep cycles and quality of sleep.
For more information on Sport Chalet's selection of the newest trends and products, or to find a nearby Sport Chalet location, visit www.sportchalet.com. For additional media inquiries, contact email@example.com.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 51 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130509/LA11443LOGO
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.