Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
CHICAGO, May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the leading online resource for buying and selling new and used vehicles, has released its editors' top 10 most anticipated new cars for 2015. The list includes cars that the sites' editors are most looking forward to going on sale based on what they saw at 2014's major auto shows.
"There's plenty for car shoppers to look forward to in 2015, because there are so many new releases soon to be on sale," said Joe Wiesenfelder, Cars.com's Executive Editor. "From the redesigned Ford Mustang to the sleek, futuristic electric BMW i8, and even more practical cars like the tiny Jeep Renegade SUV or the Hyundai Sonata, our list includes compelling new vehicles for many types of shopper."
The top 10 most anticipated 2015's according to Cars.com experts are:
- Alfa Romeo 4C: The Italian brand's return to the U.S. after a 20-plus-year hiatus comes in the form of a curvaceous coupe.
- Ford Mustang: The more modernly styled Mustang is lighter and wider for 2015 with a new engine option.
- Jeep Renegade: Though perhaps a little polarizing, the Renegade brings back the blocky, rugged look for which Jeep is known, in a very small package.
- BMW i8: The sci-fi looking BMW plug-in hybrid delivers the drama with a long, low, wide body and swing-up doors.
- Porsche Macan: Boasting baby Cayenne styling and two engine options, Porsche is following suit with many other luxury automakers by adding this smaller model to its lineup.
- Lexus RC F: The RC F strikes a menacing pose backed up by some serious numbers including 450 horsepower.
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06: Brute power, dynamic handling and head-turning style are three Corvette hallmarks, and the new high-performance Z06 ups the ante on all accounts.
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class: Appearing hugely improved over its predecessor, the 2015 grows in size and offers a suite of high-tech safety features.
- Ford F-150: The truck's huge makeover for 2015 includes a pumped-up grille, a weight-saving aluminum body and several new powertrains.
- Hyundai Sonata: This midsize sedan has always been an affordable, good-looking, feature-packed sedan; a face-lift and more features only sweeten the Sonata's appeal.
"2014 auto shows were packed full of exciting new car releases demonstrating that the industry continues to come back to life," said Wiesenfelder. "There are a few key trends that you might notice in the list. Performance is back, technology is a major focus across the board, and luxury automakers continue to introduce smaller, more affordable models."
For more information on any of these cars, visit Cars.com/autoshows. For more top 10 lists from Cars.com, http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/top_10s/
Cars.com is an award-recognized online destination for car shoppers that offers information from experts and consumers to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy and how much to pay for a car. Cars.com offers thousands of new and used vehicle listings, expert and consumer reviews, side-by-side comparison and build and price tools, photo galleries, videos, unbiased editorial content and many other resources. As the 2013 "Highest Ranked Third-Party Automotive Mobile Site" by J.D. Power, Cars.com puts millions of car buyers in control of their shopping process with the information they need to make stress-free buying decisions. Launched in June 1998, Cars.com is a division of Classified Ventures LLC, which is owned by leading media companies, including A.H. Belo (NYSE: AHC), Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI), Tribune Company and The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO).
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.