Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Mondelez International
New Initiative Provides Runners with Tips to Make the Most of Any Morning Run
EAST HANOVER, N.J., May 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With summer approaching, belVita and Runner's World partner to provide runners of all levels with advice to enjoy an outdoor morning run. From eating a balanced pre-run breakfast to choosing the right running partner, these tips will help runners enjoy the sport they love even more.
Tips for making the most of your morning run from belVita Breakfast Biscuits and Runner's World
- Prep the night before. Set the coffeemaker to brew before you awake and position your alarm clock out of arm's reach to ensure that you get out of bed to turn it off. To make it even easier to get out of bed and hit the pavement, try sleeping in your running clothes.
- Make breakfast count. Prepare for your morning run by eating a balanced breakfast. A delicious and convenient option is crunchy belVita Breakfast Biscuits, low-fat Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. The protein from the yogurt paired with the steady energy from the biscuits provides nutrition to tackle your run.
- Run with a friend. Make a commitment to run with a partner in the morning. Not only will doing so decrease the likelihood of canceling a run altogether but it will also help make getting into the habit of working out first thing in the morning easier.
- Wear the right gear. Wear bright colors from head to toe with plenty of reflective accents in case you are running prior to sunrise. While the sun is most powerful from 12pm-4pm in the afternoon, a hat and sunglasses should still be worn in the morning for extra protection.
- Relax, and have fun. When running, relax your jawbone, unclench your fists and bring your shoulders down from being hunched around your ears. Not only will doing this free up some of your body's energy but it will also make you feel more comfortable overall.
"A balanced breakfast of crunchy belVita Breakfast Biscuits, low-fat dairy and fruit is a great way to equip your body with energy for a morning run," said Scott Marcus, Senior Brand Manager, belVita. "We are excited to work with Runner's World to provide runners of all abilities with helpful tips that can be applied to any morning run, be it a marathon or an easy warm-up around the neighborhood."
Runner's World and belVita will bring this initiative to the following races. Visit RunnersWorld.com to learn more.
"Every person has an individual reason to run - whether you are training in the predawn hours for a marathon or waking up for a two-mile loop around the block," said Runner's World Publisher Molly O'Keefe. "We are excited to join with belVita to provide all types of runners with tips to make their morning runs successful this summer."
Crunchy belVita Breakfast Biscuits are available in five flavors - Blueberry, Golden Oat, Cinnamon Brown Sugar, Chocolate and Apple Cinnamon - and are carefully baked to provide nutritious steady energy all morning long. Each individual package of four crunchy belVita Breakfast Biscuit is portioned for breakfast and provides 18-20 grams of whole grains, 3 grams of fiber and 3-4 grams of protein, depending on the variety.
Visit belVitabreakfast.com for more information, and connect with us on Facebook at facebook.com/belvita or on Twitter at twitter.com/belvita.
About Mondelez International
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a global snacking powerhouse, with 2013 revenue of $35 billion. Creating delicious moments of joy in 165 countries, Mondelez International is a world leader in chocolate, biscuits, gum, candy, coffee and powdered beverages, with billion-dollar brands such as Cadbury, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate, Jacobs coffee, Oreo, LU and Nabisco biscuits, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gum. Mondelez International is a proud member of the Standard and Poor's 500, NASDAQ 100 and Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Visit www.mondelezinternational.com and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
About Runner's World
Rodale's Runner's World, the largest and most influential media brand in the running space, is the essential guide for everyone who runs. The brand provides all runners-men and women, from beginners to hardcore marathoners-with the advice and information they need to pursue their goals, the inspiration and entertainment they crave, and a sense of authentic community they won't find anywhere else. Runner's World is everywhere its readers and customers are-in print, online, on-screen and on the ground. Through authentic events such as the award-winning Runner's World Challenge, and the Runner's World Half Marathon and Running Festival (www.RWHalf.com), Runner's World Editors forge deep connections and have meaningful interactions with our readers as an organic part of the running community. Runner's World publishes 17 international editions: Australia/New Zealand, Belgium, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and the United States. For digital updates, visit www.runnersworld.com, Twitter (@runnersworld), Facebook (Runner's World Magazine), as well as the brand's mobile apps.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.