Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband & Cable
Collaboration Delivers 4K Live Action Viewing to Fans Throughout Latin America
IRVINE, Calif., July 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that Sagemcom, one of the world leaders in broadband terminals and European supplier of digital set-top boxes, has selected Broadcom's BCM7445 video decoder and BCM7252 system-on-a-chip (SoCs) to enable a live broadcast of select 2014 World Cup events in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD). For more news, visit Broadcom's Newsroom.
The 2014 World Cup is among the world's first sporting events to be filmed and broadcast in Ultra HD TV technology. At 4x the resolution of today's 1080p HD displays, Ultra HD technology captures much more nuance and detail, providing fans with a greatly enhanced life-like viewing experience. Sagemcom's integration of the BCM7445 and BCM7252 for this Ultra HD broadcast delivers display resolution speeds of 60 frames per second (4Kp60) and the 10-bit BT2020 color standard, which provides 2x the speed and heightened color gradation for the most realistic on-screen experience.
Ultra HD filming, transmission and broadcast requires a significant increase in bandwidth. Broadcom's Ultra HD video decoder solutions, with integrated high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) technology, reduces bandwidth usage by 50 percent, allowing users to download Ultra HD content in half the time.
Key Features of the Broadcom® BCM7445 Ultra HD SoC
- Brahma15 21,000 DMIP CPU, four 1080p30 real-time transcoders and HEVC compression
- Delivers resolution up to 4096 x 2160p60
- Web domain security, an industry leading hardware security oversight to separate Internet services from premium broadcast content
- Simultaneously delivers four transcoded HD video streams over IP for content on any screen
Key Features of the Broadcom BCM7252 Ultra HD SoC
- High-performance dual-core Brahma15 10000 DMIP CPU
- 2180p60 or dual 1080p60 decode and transcode capabilities
- Integrated high-performance connectivity peripherals, such as USB 3.0, PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet and MoCA 2.0
- Enables more efficient operator content delivery for increased footprint, higher resolution or additional channels
- Enhances quality and quantity of over-the-top services deliverable through existing high-speed data pipes
For ongoing Broadcom news visit our Newsroom, read our B-Connected Blog, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter. And to stay connected, subscribe to our RSS Feed.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.