Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Best Practices, LLC
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., July 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As the healthcare landscape evolves, the Medical Affairs function has begun to play an increasingly important role in meeting current challenges in clinical development, market education, and regulatory compliance.
The Medical Affairs Consortium at Best Practices, LLC is dedicated to providing benchmarking and best practices across critical Medical Affairs issues. The Medical Affairs Consortium is a service composed of three stages: 1) member-driven topic selection 2) data analysis (survey and interviews) and 3) a series of three roundtables to discuss key findings from the customized research deliverables.
Best Practices' 2014-2015 Medical Affairs Consortium kicked off on July 1st with the member-driven topic selection stage. This year's research topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Globalization in Medical Affairs: Reporting structure, leadership oversight, resources, budgeting decisions, operational challenges, managing globally and delivering locally.
- Medical Affairs' Role in a Health Outcomes Oriented Environment: Roles and responsibilities, health outcomes data usage, stakeholders engaged, HOL group structure, resources & budget, talent acquisition & training, HOL-MSL differentiation, engaging with ACOs.
- Medical Affairs' Evolving Role in Product Launch: Launch planning, resources & budgeting, thought leader interactions, scientific publications, launch activities and timing.
- Medical Affairs' Impact Measures: Objectives, MA sub-function metrics, frequency of measurement, tools and technologies, effectiveness.
- Continuing Medical Education: Resources, structure, CME delivery channels and services, emerging educator groups.
- Scientific Communication and Publication: Strategy and planning responsibility, successful communication tactics, publication vehicle, content type, target audience.
- Investigator Initiated Trials: IIT, IIS strategy, oversight and performance, IIT data usage.
Research from Best Practices' 2014-2015 Medical Affairs Consortium will provide leaders with an evidence-based understanding of current and evolving approaches to the most important Medical Affairs challenges. Current consortium members include, but are not limited to: Astellas, Baxter, BiogenIdec, Eli Lilly, ProStrakan, Sanofi, Teva and Upsher-Smith.
For more information regarding the Medical Affairs Consortium studies, please review our Weekly Medical Affairs Consortium Research Release.
To learn more about Medical Affairs Consortium, click on the following link: http://www.best-in-class.com/medical-affairs-consortium.
For more information on other recent primary research studies, contact us at 919.403.0251. For related research, visit our Best Practices, LLC website at http://www.best-in-class.com/.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis. The operational insights, findings and analysis form the basis for our Benchmarking Reports, databases and advisory services to support executives in commercial and R&D operations. Best Practices, LLC believes in the profound principle that organizations can chart a course to superior economic performance by studying the best business practices, operating tactics and winning strategies of world-class companies.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.